Providing funds for local research and vision care projects
Apply for the NZOVRF Research Grant
Applications must be lodged with:
NZOVRF Grants Committee
c/- Andrew Black Optometrists
7 Bay Road
Fax +64 4 387 9949
Applicants are responsible for forwarding 5 copies (including a word or pdf version) of the application to the Grant Committee by 30 June, each year.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Referees reports will be requested by the Grant Committee.
- When the research is to be conducted in a department or institution, the approval of the department or institution must be given at the end of the application.
- Grants over $20,000 will be made in exceptional circumstances only.
- All applications must be typed.
- Applications should include copies of any “in press” articles cited in the applications.
- All applicants will be notified of the Foundation’s decision by September 30th the same year.
Items Not Eligible for Research Grants
- Retrospective Payments: The Committee will not consider retrospective payments for research expenses already incurred at the time of the application.
- Prototype Development: The Committee will not normally fund the direct development of prototypes to a commercially viable stage.
If you require further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us.